From the turn of the century to the turn of the century and from there to the modern, globalized trade structure. Bergfeld's history began in 1919 when Bernhard Bergfeld and his sons established the garn trade in Kassel. During the Second World War, Bergfeld had to leave the completely destroyed inner city of Kassel with its company and found a temporary new seat in the Waldeck-Frankenberg region. In the 1950s Bergfeld was able to return to the founding place.
The Gründerhaus had barely survived the turmoil of the war, and the new Bergfeld office laid the foundations for successful development in the second half of the century in the post-war period. With the takeover of the management by Mr. Textil-diploma engineer Norbert Ott, the course was set for a comprehensive expansion of the company.
With the German unit, new markets and customers were added. Through the consistent further development and expansion of the logistics network, Bergfeld was able to gain a foothold in the new federal states and expand its trading position. Bergfeld was able to win Mr. Bernhard Wander in 2009, thereby further strengthening Bergfeld's excellent commercial competence.